Efficient immobilised acid catalysts designed to simplify and streamline your process
About the PhosphonicS approach
PhosphonicS uses patented technology for attaching a variety of functionalities to a silica backbone. Our acid catalyst products can be considered as an alternative to traditional homogeneous acids, with all the same chemical characteristics, whilst also benefitting from all the advantages of an immobilised reagent. These clean, efficient catalysts can be used from lab to plant scale across a range of transformations including esterification, elimination, protection and deprotection, rearrangement, cyclisation and hydrolysis reactions.
All scientists at PhosphonicS relish the opportunity to help you streamline your pharmaceutical or chemical processes, so you can enjoy the cost savings.
- Reduced operating costs – no additional washes are required
- Lower waste disposal costs – reduced discharge minimises environmental impact
- No additional purification required – prevents formation of genotoxic by-product impurities associated with sulfonic acids
- Reduced overall production costs – catalysts can easily be recycled for reuse
- Easy to handle, free flowing solid
- High acid strengths comparable to traditional acids
- High chemical and physical stability
- No pre-treatment required, no swelling
- Can be applied in either fixed-bed (continuous) or slurry (batch) mode
Talk to the experts
- Our scientists are there to support you throughout your evaluation.
- In-house screening and testing programs are always available.
- Full engineering support services.
- Customised research and development programmes.
|Product code||Product name|
|Phos-Cat1||Ethyl/butyl phosphonic acid silica|
|Phos-Cat4||Alkyl sulfonic acid silica|